I currently am on cloud nine serving as an Assistant Principal for a phenomenal middle school.
When I am not at diving into all things education, you could probably find me drinking an iced coffee from Starbucks, learning the newest dance craze on YouTube to keep up with students, reading and writing my heart out, and spending time with my husband.
I have a myriad of leadership experience, which includes roles such as Mentor Teacher, Technology Integrationist, New Teacher District Facilitator, Chair of the ELA Department, and Curriculum Writing Leader. I am also a national speaker, writer, blogger, and webinar creator.
I believe in:
- The power of building relationships
- Leadership that empowers ALL stakeholders
- Innovative learning that transcends beyond the classroom
- Using social media to create networks for yourself, staff, students, and families
- Purposeful and thoughtful technology integration
- METC Midwest Spotlight Educator – 2017
- Missouri Outstanding Beginning Teacher Award– 2013